We know that these are uncertain times and Jewish Federation of Reading/Berks is doing its part to prevent the spread of Coronavirus in our community.
Based on the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC) to limit large gatherings and to practice social distancing Jewish Federation of Reading/Berks has taken the precautionary step to cancel all non-essential meetings and programs through mid-June. The situation in Berks County will be continuously monitored to ensure appropriate decisions of whether to hold or cancel future programs and meetings.
To encourage a healthy community we invite you to learn the signs and symptoms of Coronavirus and know what to do if you are symptomatic:
* Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
* Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
* Stay home when you are sick
* Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
* Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
* Limit movement in the community
* Practice social distancing, meaning remain out of congregate settings, avoid mass gatherings and maintain distance (approximately 6 feet) from others when possible.
If you need non-medical assistance during this time Jewish Family Service is here to help. Please call the JCC at 610-921-0624 or email or call Bill Franklin (610-927-7136).
The Federation offices will continue to operate during this time but the situation will be monitored with Pennsylvania and Berks County health officials. If the JCC and Federation office closes, updated information will be sent to the community.
Please keep yourselves and your families safe by following CDC precautions to stay healthy during this outbreak. Please look for emails, our website and social media for timely updates.
William D. Franklin, President