The Jewish Federation of Reading is excited to invite you to our 2018 mission tour to Israel.
Join us in celebrating Israel's 70th anniversary year. The mission departs December 25, 2018 and returns January 2nd, 2019.
We will enjoy and learn about Israel - its people, its beauty, its accomplishments and issues.
We welcome all our community members to take part: families, single adults, seniors and others.
Some highlights are:
- The Ayalon Institute, a clandestine ammunition factory
- A Street Art Graffiti Tour in Tel Aviv's Florentine neighborhood.
- Rosh Hanikrah Israel's stunning chalk-white cliffs at its northernmost coastal border.
- Dinner in the home of a Druze family
- A jeep tour in the Golan Heights
- A meeting at Mount Bental with an expert on the political situation involving Syria and Lebanon
- A workshop at De Karina, a chocolate factory for kids of all ages
- Exploration of the Jewish Quarter of the Old City and Western Wall Tunnels.
- A "Tastes of Jerusalem" tour
- A tour of Masada and float in the Dead Sea
- A briefing on Israel Today by a leading journalist
- Yad Vashem, Israel's national Holocaust museum
Costs: the Jewish Federation of Reading will subsidize $500 per participant.
The costs (after the subsidy) are:
- Price per person (in a double room) $ 2,150
- Price per person (in a single room) $ 3,050
- Family of three (2 adults & 1 child) $ 5,400
- Family of four (2 adults & 2 children) $ 6,500
- Family of five (3 adults & 2 children) $ 8,650
- Plus airline tickets
For more information or if you have any questions, please call or e-mail Bill Franklin (610-921-0624; email@example.com)