Family Volunteer Day: Helping Refugee Children
Friday, November 16
5:30 p.m. at RCOS
With your help we can make a world of difference to a refugee child currently living in Berks County.
You and your family can get involved in the following:
* Donate games, books, crayons, snacks, small drinks,small toys, books of puzzles,mazes, activities, backpacks
* Assemble backpack care packages for refugee children to take on their long bus journeys across the U.S. Our goal to complete 50 backpacks**.
* Attend Shabbat Service at 7 p.m. at RCOS and stay for the Oneg to hear about Hilde Gernsheimer's experience as a refugee child during WWII
November 16 Activities
* 5:30 p.m. Fill backpacks
* 6:15 p.m. Pizza Dinner for all volunteers
* 7:00 p.m. Shabbat Service
* 8:00 p.m. Oneg with presentation by Jeff Gernsheimer on his mother, Hilde's experiences as a child refugee during WWII